The new reissues feature some of Mick Jagger and Keith Richards‘ earliest collaborations. Richards says that he and Jagger still rely on spontaneity every time they sit down to write new material for the Stones: “Mick and I, sometimes just before we start making an album, say ‘Well, what kind of album do we wanna make?’ (Laughs) and I say, ‘Mick, a Rolling Stones album (laughs).’ It’s about as far as I can narrow it down. It’s really a matter of surprising yourself as about what’s coming out. I mean, if I knew everything that was to be played, it’d probably sound as dead, as dead as a door nail, y’know?”
Highlight on the new HDtracks Stones reissues are:
- Out Of Our Heads: “I’m Free,” “Heart of Stone,” “She Said Yeah,” “Mercy, Mercy,” “That’s How Strong My Love Is,” “Hitch Hike,” “Gotta Get Away,” and “Cry To Me.”
- Aftermath: “Mother’s Little Helper,” “Under My Thumb,” “Out Of Time,” “I Am Waiting,” “Lady Jane,” “Stupid Girl,” and “What To Do.”
- Between The Buttons: “Back Street Girl,” “Yesterday’s Papers,” “My Obsession,” “Connection,” “She Smiled Sweetly,” “Miss Amanda Jones,” and “Something Happened To Me Yesterday.”
- Beggars Banquet: “Sympathy For The Devil,” “No Expectations,” “Parachute Woman,” “Stray Cat Blues,” “Street Fighting Man,” “Prodigal Son,” and “Salt Of The Earth.”
- Earlier this year, the band released the first batch of reissues: The Rolling Stones (UK version); The Rolling Stones No.2; 12 X 5; Big Hits (High Tide and Green Grass) (UK version); Through The Past, Darkly (Big Hits Vol. 2) (US version); Out Of Our Heads (US version); December’s Children; Aftermath (US version) and Let It Bleed.
- Among the albums still pending releasing in the series are: Between The Buttons (US version), The Rolling Stones Singles Collection, Get Yer Ya-Ya’s Out!, Their Satanic Majesties Request, The Rolling Stones/ England’s Newest Hit Makers, Hot Rocks 1964-1971, More Hot Rocks (Big Hits & Fazed Cookies), The Rolling Stones Now!, Got Live If You Want It!, Through The Past, Darkly (Big Hits Vol. 2) (UK version), Metamorphosis, Flowers — and a compilation of three UK EPs: The Rolling Stones, Five By Five and Got Live If You Want It!.
DID YOU KNOW???
- HDTracks.com is a high-quality music download service offering a catalog of uncompressed CD and DVD-audio-quality recordings of world-class musicians, vocalists and ensembles.
- HDTracks offers consumers a variety of file formats: AIFF, FLAC lossless files and 320 kbps files that exceed the quality of a standard MP3 file. Currently, HDtracks has available select titles in ultra-high resolution up to 192kHz/24bit Flac files. This is a true DVD-audio sound quality. Additionally, each download includes complete PDF liner notes.
- For more information log on to: hdtracks.com.
CHECK IT OUT: The Rolling Stones performing “Sympathy For The Devil” in 1968 on The David Frost Show: