I. Love. Organization. I just did a major closet purge and I believe everyone can benefit by a little organization in their life.
Here are my top 5 tips for organizing your closet:
- If you look at it and have to think about whether or not you want to keep it… Get rid of it!
- I usually color coordinate my clothes but Carrie Kauffman taught me to not only organize by color but also by style. Tank tops, short sleeves, 3/4 length sleeves, long sleeves and now cold shoulder. Then organize each section by color. It makes it much easier to find what you want to wear when getting dressed.
- Get some clear shoe storage boxes. Use the shelves in your closet to stack the boxes with shoes that are not currently in season.
- Another great tip Carrie gave me is to have one item per hanger. I was putting a few pairs of pants on each hanger or 2 dresses on one hanger. That’s how the closet gets too stuffed! Allow your clothes to breathe!
- Most people won’t do this on their own. If you have the funds to do so hire a profession organizer to help you start new. Then it’s your job to keep it clean and stay organized.
Want more? Listen to my latest Her Story podcast for more free organizing tips from Carrie Kauffman:
Good Luck and send me your before and after pictures!!!