We took the list 11 Things To Do With Your Friends This Summer When You’ve Run Out Of Ideas, which originally appeared on Elite Daily, and made it a little less cheesy (our version does not include the word squad)
1. Take Trip To A Neighboring Town
Woo hoo, I’m going to East Falls! You folks are just like the Manayunk people – Steve Morrison
- Not exactly. Preston recently did this with his son: drove to a nearby town they had never explored before, parked at one end of the street, went into every store on that side of the block, crossed and explored the other side. We take for granted all the towns in our area. Go exploring, even in areas you think you know. What you find may surprise you!
2. Bungee Jumping
- Do people do this anymore? We were not aware of many places locally to go bungee jumping, but Casey recommends trying the bungee rides on Wildwood’s Adventure Pier.
- OR try skydiving! Marisa did it last summer… twice!
3. Camping Trip
- Most of the show loves to go camping. Whether it was a solo excursion or a family outing, some of our favorite memories are from being out in the wild.
Sidenote: Glamping is not staying in a hotel, sorry Kathy.
4. Guided Tour Of Your Own City
- Ghost tours, Trolley Tours, Bus Tours, Segway Tours, Chocolate Tours, Brewery Tours, Mural Arts Tours, Rocky Tours, Historical Tours, Magic Gardens Tours, Architecture Tours, Running Tours, Cave Tours (Manthy!) —> The Delaware Valley has so much to offer!
5. Theme Park Day
- We just spent an entire morning at Hershey Park… we love theme parks!
6. Color Run
- Or skip the mess and try an Inflatables Run (August 5) on Kathy’s recommendation
7. Hot Air Balloon Ride
- Download a stargazing app, pick up some Moon Pies, Mars Bars, Starbursts & Milky Ways to snack on and look for Uranus. Or visit the Observatory at The Franklin Institute
9. Strawberry Picking
10. Outdoor Movie
- Set this up in your backyard. BONUS: find a friend with a pool and make it a Dive In Movie. Or visit one of these: