We’re sorry for taking a long vacation. It’s the longest time off we’ve ever taken in our career, but it all started with Preston’s opportunity to take the trip of a lifetime (teenage boys = nearing the end of family trips)
This summer Preston and his family took a trip to visit relatives in Sweden. He came home and said it was one of the best vacations they had ever taken.
Whether it’s somewhere you have always wanted to visit or just learn more about, we suggest scrolling though these stunning photos and quick tips below while listening to Preston’s full recap of his trip through Sweden, Denmark & Norway.
- Plan some adult-only time. The relaxed rules allow visitors to drink as you walk around the city and weed by the box load.
- Everyone speaks English eliminating any language barrier.
- Use the website ToursByLocals.com to find a guide who will cater to your specific interests.
- Ikea’s Swedish meatballs are the real deal. They do it right!
- Visit the Vasa; a gigantic warship that capsized in the 1600’s and now has a museum built around it.
- Try Akvavit, a flavored spirit produced in the area.
- Find Privileged! relatives to drink your faces off with and who let you fly planes (not in that order).
- Open face sandwiches are very popular. Most common recipe: Shrimp, dill, mayo & cheese. Mayo on everything.
- Keeping a journal is the best way to recount a trip to your friends.
If you ever have the opportunity to travel to Scandinavia, do it! I never knew I wanted to come here until I came here.
Oh, Preston has a few tips for the friend or neighbor who is keeping an eye on your house. Listen to the recap for those.