If you haven’t heard, we’re obsessed with this food trend! After The Connoisseur spent twenty minutes drooling over photos and how-to videos earlier this week, our friend, Pastry Chef, Colleen Kriebel sent us a glorious text simply saying, “I’M ON IT!” Two days later she showed up with a box full of tasty little morsels… we were in heaven!
These confections may seem intimidating to attempt, but Colleen assured us it’s pretty easy! She tested and narrowed down all the recipes out there to the best, so crank up your breakfast game this weekend with these extra fluffy pancakes – they’re Bill Bellamy approved!
Perfect Souffle Pancakes
courtesy of Kriebel’s Custom Bakery
1. Mix dry ingredients together:
- 1 1/2 cups all pourpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- 1 TBSP sugar
- Dash of cinnamon
2. Mix wet ingredients together in a separate bowl:
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 TBSP melted butter
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla extract
3. In a third bowl whisk 4 egg whites & 1 tsp. sugar stiff peaks form (3~4 min)
4. Mix your wet and dry ingredients together in a large bowl DO NOT OVER MIX!
5. Gently fold the egg whites into the pancake mixture.
6. Let batter rest for 10 minutes
7. Coat surface of skillet and cookie cutters/rings pan spray
8. Low heat 250* spoon in the mixture till rings are 1/2 full cover rings with a lid and cook 9 minutes
9. With tongs gently turn rings over and cook another 9 minutes.
10. Serve with your favorite pancake toppings!