FACT: Kevin Smith had his first mozzarella stick at the Bennigan’s near the King of Prussia Mall in June of 1984.
How did we pinpoint the date? Because the meal happened after his parents took the family to see Ghostbusters on opening weekend. You’ll notice that the fried cheese goodness is so important to Kevin, that it takes top billing in the story over the iconic film.
We also discovered that the director spent four summers in our area attending Art Camp at Cabrini College. To his parents it was a punishment to be sent away for the summer, but to Kevin it was the tits (literally, he got to hang with all his sisters college friends!)
That was only a few minutes of the hour we spend with Kevin on the air this morning. What else did we talk about? Well…
- The brand new Jay & Silent Bob Reboot movie
- How important radio is in his life
- Retiring the famous Hockey Jersey-wardrobe
- Ben Affleck getting advice from Jason Mewes
- Scorsese’s superhero movie comment
- The Boys
- Walk of Fame (this story will make you cry)
- Michael Giacchino
- CGI James Dean
- Key to a Successful Marriage (pssst, it’s lots of SEX!)
- …and BATMAN!
Take a listen: