The MMR staff has had countless meetings and planning sessions about how to host the Camp Out For Hunger safely during the pandemic. Philabundance’s need for donations is more dire than ever which makes this event more important than ever. If you plan to donate in person this year please follow these precautions/tips to keep the process safe for everyone:
1. Donations will be accepted on site, but only via our drive thru ‘Trunk to Truck’ donation process. Everyone in the car MUST WEAR A FACE MASK, so the volunteers can get the food from your vehicle.
2. New donation hours: Monday – Thursday 6am – 7pm, Friday 6am – 11am.
3. Donors will not permitted to leave their vehicle.
4. We are not accepting volunteers for the event. We encourage you to volunteer your time at Philabundance post-event to help sort the food in the weeks following. Sign up here.
5. There will not be a studio audience for the broadcast. No pedestrian foot traffic will be permitted within the Camp Out event space.
6. Since no studio audience is permitted- we will bring you the entire Preston & Steve show via LIVE VIDEO STREAM. Follow our YouTube Channel for alerts.
7. There will not be an on-site ACME Market to purchase food to donate.
8. Donations will not be weighed on site this year. In an effort to maximize our limited volunteer effort and maintain as much social distancing as possible, we won’t weigh donations and there are no daily incentives or prizes (check the contest page for camp out themed contests/prizes).
9. Monetary donations can be made online and at your local ACME Market.
10. Pierre and Jaxon will broadcast from the Camp Out tent all week, Monday through Thursday!
11. Just Announced: Everyone who makes a drive through donation will receive the 2021 Preston & Steve Totally Office Calendar Poster! Catch a glimpse of it here.
Thank you to our generous sponsors and partners: