Our love for Neil DeGrasse Tyson goes deep. We talk about him on the show at least once a week, geek out over every article he publishes and heart every photo he posts. He’s the man!
Now the astrophysicist and Director of the Hayden Planetarium has a new book out, Cosmic Queries: StarTalk’s Guide to Who We Are, How We Got Here, and Where We’re Going and we get to talk to him about it!
In the book Neil explores 10 monumental questions for the ages with wit, wisdom and cutting edge science. They include:
- What is Life on Earth and in the Universe?
- How did the universe get to be this way, and not some other way?
- How did it all begin? the Big Bang, the birth of forces, atoms, and molecules
- What is the universe made of? quarks, matter, antimatter, dark matter, dark energy
- Quantum Physics 101 — Do we live in a Multiverse?
- How will Earth end? Doomsday volcanoes, meteors, the death of the Sun, and the collision of galaxies
- How will it all end? Cosmic Inflation, the decay of protons, the Big Rip, heat death.
Click play to enjoy our interview with Neil DeGrasse Tyson: