Wanna see what you’re in for? Check out Marisa Magnatta’s visit to Night Tours: Summer Twilight and The Fair Chance Beer Garden:
Admission to Eastern State’s Night Tours: Summer Twilight includes:
- History exhibits like Al Capone’s Cell and Death Row
- “The Voices of Eastern State” Audio Tour, narrated by actor Steve Buscemi
- Award-winning exhibits about prisons today and the root causes of mass incarceration
- Site-specific artist installations
- Grab a drink and relax in The Fair Chance Beer Garden. Eastern State partners with Triple Bottom Brewing Company to offer a selection of Triple Bottom beer for purchase, including the all-new Purpose Pale Ale brewed in collaboration between Eastern State and Triple Bottom.
- Reflect on the penitentiary’s history and the legacy of criminal justice reform through hands-on activities. Activities focus on art, writing, and music and prompt conversation on issues of justice today.
- As you leave, check out a new, digital artist installation by Andrea Walls. Co-commissioned by Mural Arts Philadelphia, the piece, titled Memes of Consciousness: Where Beauty Intervenes, is projected onto the penitentiary’s façade.
Night Tours: Summer Twilight runs Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evenings from May 7 to September 4. Tickets for Night Tours: Summer Twilight are $19 for Thursday evenings, $26 for Friday evenings, and $32 for Saturday evenings. Timed tickets must be purchased online in advance.