While having “salad chat” here at The Preston & Steve Show, the question was posed: Can one make potato salad with hash browns?
Turns out the answer is YES. CaseyBoy did a little R&D and came up with this recipe:
- 2 lb bag frozen hash browns
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 4 celery stalks, diced
- 5 tablespoons pickled jalapeños
- Bacon bits
- Cook hash browns to desired consistency (Casey’s preferred method is on the griddle).
- Let cool, than mix together with other ingredients.
- Chill before serving.