Preston & Steve’s Camp Out For Hunger 2022 Totals:
Over 2.8 MILLION pounds of food.
2,821,949lbs to be exact. Over 1,410 TONS of food
Those totals include the 8 tractor trailers that were filled on site with food from donors who visited the Camp Out For Hunger site and the car clubs collections.
The monetary total includes the $875,000 donated by individuals at ACME Markets (updated from the $613,000 tally as of 11/7). The collection period ended on Wednesday 11/23.
It also includes hundreds of monetary donations made by individuals through the donation page at wmmr.com.
Largest donation by a business / group / organization:
- 1st place: Live Broadcast from Preston & Steve: Subaru of America – 551,065
- 2nd place: Pierre Broadcast: QVC – 150,000
- 3rd: $20,000 Q1 Ad Schedule on MMR: Campbell’s Chunky Soup – 100,000
- Special Recognition goes to Comcast – 322,675 pounds. That would have landed them in 2nd. but we here at the radio station got involved with endorsing portions of their initiative, so they are foregoing the live broadcast with Pierre.
- The Camp Out For Hunger Games generated an additional 10,000 pounds of food from Bimbo Bakeries USA on top of their 6,000 pound donation of products throughout the week.