Our 14th Annual I Bleed for Preston & Steve Blood Drive with the American Red Cross.
When: Saturday, June 15th, 6am to 2pm
Where: Greater Philadelphia Expo Center at Oaks.
Why: Blood reserves get very low this time of year (people go on vacations etc).
Make an appointment - come out to donate, and have fun doing it!
Or call 1-800-RED-CROSS, use Sponsor Code: WMMR.
**Appointments must be made prior to noon on Friday, June 15th. Due to the size of this blood drive, appointment times are limited and walk-ups are not permitted. (That helps donor flow go smoothly).
Prizes and Stuff:
- Each Presenting Donor will get the new P&S t-shirt
- And you'll get this year's Pint Glass from Window Nation!
- Kid's activities on site with Paint-a-Treasure Paint N' Take Art Studio, and Aim High Studios.
- Plus, we've got some great support on site from: Alex's Lemonade Stand, Rita's Water Ice, and Bob Evans Restaurants.
- Hundreds of Presenting Donors will be randomly selected throughout the day to receive a pair of concert tickets to one of these two summer concerts:
RapidPass: The bottom line- do it the DAY OF your donation, and it can cut down the amount of time it takes on site to get through the donation process. Read more here:
RapidPass: a new system from the American Red Cross that allows blood donors to complete a portion of their health history online the day of their donation.
- RapidPass lets donors complete the health history questionnaire online on the day of their donation by visiting redcrossblood.org/rapidpass from the convenience of a personal computer (sorry, this part of the process is not available yet on Mobile devices or Tablets).
- Donors read the required pre-donation information and complete the questions online.
- Donors who successfully complete the questionnaire must print out the RapidPass form on a laser printer or email the PDF to themselves and show it on their mobile device when they come to donate.
- Staff scan the form, review the donor’s answers and complete all other aspects of the health history exam.
A confirmation postcard will be sent to donors who make phone appointments. A confirmation email will be sent to donors who make online appointments. Please bring your confirmation to the drive.
To donate blood you must be in good general health, at least 17 years old and weigh 110 pounds or more. In PA and NJ, 16-year-olds may donate blood with parental consent.
Have a Tattoo? If you got a tattoo in a state or tattoo shop that is NOT regulated, you have to wait 12 months to donate. A regulated facility means they use sterile needles and ink that is not reused. Cosmetic tattoos applied in a licensed establishment in a regulated state using sterile needles and ink that is not reused is acceptable. There are 40 states that currently regulate tattoo facilities. For more information on tattoo requirements, CLICK HERE.
For more information on eligibility requirements, CLICK HERE.
From the American Red Cross, Valley Forge Casino Resort, and 93.3 WMMR - Putting Philly 1st!