Well folks, we can’t have a Preston & Steve Cardboard Classic this year due to the pandemic, but a few of the ‘regulars’ have reached out to us to with their plan to keep up the spirit of the event.
They’re going to build smaller sleds but with all the love and creativity of their normal cardboard creations! Please note that this contest is for fun and bragging rights! To keep up with traditions, our official cardboard trophy maker and sponsor, Acme Corrugated Box, will provide a keepsake for the winner.
These Cardboard Creators are running this effort themselves. If you are interested in joining them or getting more info, you can reach out to Pat directly [firstname.lastname@example.org].
Once building is complete, it will all come down to a vote to determine the winner.
- Voting will take place here on Friday, March 5th, during the Presto & Steve Show (6am-10am).
- To be included, all teams must mail 5 photos of your sled to Eric@wmmr.com.
- Deadline: Monday 3/1 at 11:59pm.
- Video* (optional) must be via Youtube. Please include link when emailing photos to Eric.
- Include Team Name, Hometown, Sled Name, Brief Description of the sled.
- Each sled/team will get its’ own page at wmmr.com with a photo gallery and Youtube video embed.
- The page will have a link to Vote and teams can share the page with friends, social media, etc.
Building details and rules:
- Sleds must be made with only cardboard, tape, glue, string and paint (as per previous years).
- Sleds are restricted to a maximum 4’ by 6’ base.
- Multiple photos of your sled from different sides and angles need to be submitted.
- One picture must be submitted with a rider on the sled.
- Deadline for photo submission is Monday, March 1st (Image will be used for voting. Check this page for submission instructions).
*If you choose to take your sled for a “ride,” please do so safely and without any large gatherings. Due to the current pandemic, we cannot condone any gatherings over the guidelines provided by the state and CDC. Be safe and have fun!
Cardboard Classic Flashback Photo Galleries: