Preston & Steve's Camp Out for Hunger is one of our biggest events. Last year's donations totaled 1.1 million pounds of food and $160,000 for those in need. That single collection accounted for more than half of Philabundance's food drive donation for the year.
And we could not do it without your help!
So while you are shopping, please consider picking up a few extra items to bring to the Camp Out (Nov 28th - Dec 2nd) in the parking lot of XFINITY Live! Philabundance has provided us with a list of the healthy food items they are seeking for the community:
MOST NEEDED ITEMS
- Creamy peanut butter (Plastic containers only)
- Canned/shelf-stable meats (Including tuna)
- Shelf stable white milk
- Canned beef stew
- Canned chili
- Breakfast cereal or hot cereal
- Nuts/ trail mix
- Whole wheat pasta
- Brown Rice
- Jelly (Plastic containers only)
- Canned fruits & vegetables (low salt, no high fructose corn syrup)
Only boxes, cans, plastic containers or non-breakable jars and which do not have to be refrigerated can be collected.
PLEASE DO NOT DONATE
- Beverages of any kind, including bottled water, juice or sugary drinks
- Potato chips, cookies and other unhealthy snacks
- Seasonal Items (i.e. cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie mix, peppermint flavored items, holiday themed items)
- Bread and baked goods (which go bad quickly)
Visit these pages for more more information about parking, scheduling and the ongoing list of evening events happening during the week: