Jacky Bam Bam Has Your Tickets To The World Oddities Expo 2023 April 15th And 16th
Listen to win tickets all this week as I open my Prize Coffin
Jacky Bam Bam At World Oddities Expo 2023 April 15th
The World Oddities Expo is coming to Philly for their 3rd Annual Event on April 15th and 16th.
Jacky Bam Bam will be there on Saturday, April 15th from 1-3pm at the Pennsylvania Convention Center.
There is so much to see and do!
VIP admission 11am – 8pm
General admission 12pm – 8pm
Purchase tickets HERE. <– If you are signing up for something special, you can do so at this link.
Lost Curio Marketplace
The Lost Curio Marketplace is their hub for all things shopping! They showcase artists and small businesses, who offer a variety of strange and unique wares you won’t see anywhere else! You’ll find everything from taxidermy, insects, macabre art, jewelry, home décor, and so much more!
WOE Labs features workshops with talented instructors to help you learn something new! Whether you’re interested in insect pinning or jump-starting your passion for taxidermy- they have a workshop for you! All classes must be added onto your ticket purchase to reserve your seat.
● Taxidermy Class: Rat Head: Learn valuable taxidermy techniques such as preservation, skinning, mounting, setting the eyes in our Taxidermy Rat
head class! You’ll learn the basics step by step, while you mount a small mammal bust on a plaque. Decorate your plaque and take home your finished work to enjoy!
● Butterfly Pinning Class: Learn how to pin and mount a butterfly in a beautiful shadowbox in this exciting class!
● Taxidermy Class: Starling: Learn about the fascinating anatomy of birds and traditional bird taxidermy with this class designed for beginners!
Students will learn everything they need to create their very own bird taxidermy mount, from proper skinning, degreasing/washing, to sculpting, mounting, and finishing. Join Divya Anantharaman, who is an award winning licensed professional preserving animals with honor and compassion.
● Owl Pellet Dissection: Get ready to glove up and learn about owls’ eating habits! In this fascinating class you’ll get hands-on instruction dissecting an owl pellet and identifying the different animals owls eat from the various bones found! A fun, interactive, and a great learning experience!
● Victorian Hair Bouquet Class: Learn the age old tradition of Hair Bouquets with Virginia Brocco! This skill was used to honor and remember the loss of a loved one during Victorian times. You’ll create a stunning bouquet from real human hair and gain a new skill you won’t don’t forget!
● WOE Theater: WOE Theater is the place where education and entertainment collide! They offer FREE seminars, talks, and demonstrations from expert professionals and educators in their field. WOE Theater is open to all patrons with a ticket, you can stop by anytime during the event!
● Not-So-Silent Cinema: Original music performed live to classic silent films. Not-So-Silent Cinema is the project of Philadelphia composer Brendan Cooney. Cooney pulls together different groups for each of his film projects, creating diverse mash-ups of musical personalities from different music scenes to create lively new platforms for interaction and creativity. Saturday: Nosferatu Sunday: Phantom on the Opera
● Jon Ferry: Skeletons in the Closet: A Brief History of the Medical Bone Trade: Join Jon Ferry through a captivating seminar of the Medical Bone Trade throughout history. This talk highlights the scale of the industry, export history, and timeline of the trade. Jonsbones.com
● Dr. Mark Miller: Wet Specimen Preservation and Demonstration: Join Dr. Mark Miller President of the Philadelphia Herpetological Society for an amazing lecture and injection demonstration* on the art and science of preserving zoological specimens in jars. He will bring some interesting specimens and explain what really goes into making these important educational displays that could last a century or more.
● Doug Sakmann: Supermarket SPFX: An exclusive look into gory and effective movie magic for low-budget filmmakers and artists! Featuring FX secrets and exclusive gore recipes from award-winning Director and FX maestro Doug Sakmann along with a Q & A session!
● Troma Entertainment: Now celebrating 40 years of filmmaking, Troma Entertainment, Inc. is the longest running independent movie studio in North America. Troma along with Director Lloyd Kaufman will join WOE for two movie viewings! Saturday: Toxic Avenger Sunday: Tromeo and Juliet
● Oddity Ink Parlour: The Oddity Ink Parlour, sponsored by Villain Arts, features talented tattoo artists from all over. These hand selected artists provide tattoos on site during the event! All appointments are first come, first serve- they recommend purchasing a
VIP ticket to be first in line!