Protect Your Eyes And Look Cool On National Sunglasses Day
Everyone’s got their shades on and they’re looking pretty chic!
The whole world is showing off their sunglasses in honor of National Sunglasses Day today!
(Photo By Piotr Zajda/Shutterstock.com)
Sure, shades can be trendy and stylish, and heck, they even make you look like a movie star, but did you know they do much more than that? Sunglasses are key to shielding your eyes from harmful UV light.
So, not only are your shades giving you a boost, but they’re also making your eyes smile!
Here are 5 reasons why you should wear sunglasses!
- Protect your vision: By wearing the appropriate sunglasses during the day, you can better adapt to darkness at night. You’ll avoid cataracts and macular degeneration and have more comfortable vision without having to squint. Prolonged exposure to the sun can significantly damage the cornea, according to the American Optometric Association.
- Cut down on sun glare: We love the sun, but not to the point where it’s blinding! What’s the point of taking a vacation if you can’t see what you’re looking at?
- Keep nature out: Going skiing? Preparing to sand dune in the desert? Wearing sunglasses can keep the snow and sand out of your eyes. Particles of sand and even wind can cause damage and irritation.
- Fewer migraines and headaches: Some people tend to get headaches in the scorching sun. Wearing sunglasses can reduce the intensity of the sunlight. You’ll feel more comfortable and can enjoy the outdoors even more.
- Look great: Who doesn’t get that confident feeling when they’re wearing a fashionable pair of shades?! These don’t have to be the protective sunglasses! Maybe, it’s a pair of Ray-Bans or Michael Kors that do it for you. Or maybe even Gucci! Wear them in the car or on the way into the mall. You’ll be sure to grab some attention!
Sarah Francis is a half-Palestinian journalism junkie, a proud Charlotte, NC native with an oversized sweet tooth, and an active world traveler. Ask her where she’s headed next. (@Sarah_Francis25)