Why? Because batter is better!
Krispy Kreme has just announced the return of its classic cake batter doughnut, loaded with cream and cake batter filling topped with yellow icing and bright confetti sprinkles. With that in mind, you know where you’re heading to get that beginning-of-the-week sweet fix.
When the doughnut chain says it’s all about spreading joy, it means it. With this doughnut, you’re not only getting a taste of the original Krispy Kreme, but also the satisfying, scrumptious taste of taking a bite of cake. And as we all know, everyone loves cake! And who doesn’t sneak a spoonful of batter as their making the cake? You really do get the best of both worlds with this doughnut! Krispy Kreme has not noted if this is a temporary return.
This smooth and soft doughnut is sure to melt in your mouth! We’re getting hungry just thinking about it.
But the cake batter doughnut is not the only tasty doughnut the chain has to offer. We’ve compiled the top 5 Krispy Kreme doughnuts we think make our most delicious list!
- Cake Batter (You knew this would make number one, we’ve been talking about it all along!)
- Classic Glazed (Can’t go wrong with sweet and simple!)
- Chocolate Iced With Kreme Filling (Oh, that yummy gushing creme!)
- Glazed Chocolate Cake (Get your chocolate fix right here!)
- Cinnamon Apple Filled (Are you a fruit tooth? Try this one, you’ll thank us later!)
What’s your favorite?
Sarah Francis is a half-Palestinian journalism junkie, a proud Charlotte, NC native with an oversized sweet tooth, and an active world traveler. Ask her where she’s headed next. (@Sarah_Francis25)