List of Camp Out For Hunger’s Most Needed Donation Items
MOST NEEDED ITEMS
- Creamy peanut butter (Plastic containers only)
- Canned/shelf-stable meats (Including tuna)
- Shelf stable white milk
- Canned beef stew
- Canned chili
- Breakfast cereal or hot cereal
- Nuts/ trail mix
- Whole wheat pasta
- Brown Rice
- Jelly (Plastic containers only)
- Canned fruits & vegetables (low salt, no high fructose corn syrup)
Only boxes, cans, plastic containers or non-breakable jars and which do not have to be refrigerated can be collected.
PLEASE DO NOT DONATE
- Beverages of any kind, including bottled water, juice or sugary drinks
- Potato chips, cookies and other unhealthy snacks
- Seasonal Items (i.e. cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie mix, peppermint flavored items, holiday themed items)
- Bread and baked goods (which go bad quickly)
If you are not able to make it out this year, you can donate right at the register of your local Acme Market. The Acme Head Start Program this year will run through Camp Out, and end on Wednesday, Nov. 23rd.
To host a collection in your community or workplace, print out signs from our Camp Out For Hunger Business Challenge page, then set a date to bring the donations to the event (HOURS: Mon-Thurs, 6a-8p. Fri 6a-11a). Use the Camp Out Facebook Group to tell more people about your collection!
The Camp Out For Hunger main page will have information about dropping off donations, events and more. Check back frequently.