Camp Out for Hunger 2020 was the largest yet! You donations totaled over 2.5 MILLION pounds of food. 2,536,355lbs to be exact, that’s 1,268+ TONS of food. The biggest growth was in your monetary donations, which topped $1,743,232 thanks to the register program at ACME Markets.
That single collection accounted for more than half of Philabundance’s food drive donation for the year.
And we could not do it without your help!
This year’s Camp Out for Hunger will continue to follow COVID-safe restrictions. Food donations will be collected via the drive through area outside our broadcast in the parking lot of Xfinity Live! inside of the Wells Fargo Center Complex. So, while you are out shopping, please consider picking up a few extra items to bring to the Camp Out (Nov 1 – Nov 5, times below). Philabundance has provided us with a list of the healthy food items they are seeking for the community:
MOST NEEDED ITEMS
- Creamy peanut butter (Plastic containers only)
- Canned/shelf-stable meats (Including tuna)
- Shelf stable white milk
- Canned beef stew
- Canned chili
- Breakfast cereal or hot cereal
- Nuts/ trail mix
- Whole wheat pasta
- Brown Rice
- Jelly (Plastic containers only)
- Canned fruits & vegetables (low salt, no high fructose corn syrup)
Only boxes, cans, plastic containers or non-breakable jars and which do not have to be refrigerated can be collected.
PLEASE DO NOT DONATE
- Beverages of any kind, including bottled water, juice or sugary drinks
- Potato chips, cookies and other unhealthy snacks
- Seasonal Items (i.e. cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie mix, peppermint flavored items, holiday themed items)
- Bread and baked goods (which go bad quickly)
If you are not able to make it out this year, you can donate right at the register of your local Acme Market. The Acme Head Start Program this year will run through Camp Out, and end on Wednesday, Nov. 24th.
To host a collection in your community or workplace, print out signs from our Camp Out For Hunger Head Start page, then set a date to bring the donations to the event (HOURS: Mon-Thurs, 6a-8p. Fri 6a-11a). Use the Camp Out Facebook Group to tell more people about your collection!
The Camp Out For Hunger main page will have information about dropping off donations, virtual events and closer to the event. Check back frequently.
Thank you to our generous sponsors and partners: