The Music Industry Taskforce was commissioned by the Mayor’s office and Councilman Oh to study the Music Industry in Philadelphia and see how they can make it more beneficial for music makers in the city and across the region.
The group will have an official press conference on August 15 at 10am inside of the Mayor’s Reception room at City Hall. But today, Music Producer and newly appointed Chairman of the Taskforce David Ivory stopped by The Preston & Steve Show to invite music lovers to show your support and attend the event! Take a listen:
Brief description of the MITF’s goals:
- Establish a centralized, permanent entity to continue the mission and work of the Music Industry Task Force.
- Market Philadelphia as a Music Mecca.
- Promote Philadelphia Music in Local Transportation Hubs.
- Develop an Awareness Campaign for Fair Compensation of Working Musicians.
- Establish Performing Arts Priority Loading and Unloading Zones.
- Identify Sources of Funding for Sustained, Dedicated Efforts to Grow Philadelphia’s Music Economy.
- Create Hubs for Music and Concert Promotion Material Distribution.
- Encourage Music Performance Venues to Cater to All Ages.
- Utilize the City’s Zoning and Development Policies to Benefit the Music Industry.
You can engage with the Music Industry Task Force by vising their official page: creativephl.org/mitf